You should never have to be cold in your home in order to save on energy bills.
These energy-saving tips can allow you and your family to conserve energy without altering your daily life or sacrificing comfort.
- Change your furnace filters monthly.
- Inspect your entire system for efficiency.
- Use an ENERGY STAR-qualified programmable thermostat that can automatically adjust the temperature of your home when you are away.
- Keep furniture, rugs, boxes and other items from blocking vents and restricting air circulation.
- Protect against drafts around window and doors by caulking and applying weather stripping.
- Consider purchasing a gas fireplace or stove, which burns efficiently and are a nice way to heat the rooms you use the most, instead of relying only on your central heating system.
- Install flow-restricting showerheads.
- Wash full loads of laundry, instead of several small loads, and save both hot water and electricity.
- Consider our budget payment plan. Spreading out payments evenly creates less of a burden on your monthly budget.
For more information about energy saving tips visit http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=home.index.